Monday, June 01, 2009

Week 6 - Portrait Edits




Photo Information:
Studio: Nikon D700; Shutter Speed 1/160; F stop: 11; Studio Lighting; Date: 5/29/09; taken for Mother's Weekend in the BYU - I bookstore (Equipment of Jeff Smith) - Edits - I smoothed out the faces a bit and took out the extra glare out of their eyes - so they just have one light rather than two in their eyes. I also added a burn layer and masked out the people so the background would be darker and the people would stand out more.

Corbin: Nikon D50l Shutter Speed: 1/500 ; F stop: 5.3 ; No Flash; Date: 7/9/08 ; San Clemente Beach California - Edits - I changed the levels - cropped the photo in a bit - used the clone stamp to take out any remaining objects so it would just be sand behind him. I put the photo on a plain white background and used a mask and rectangle objects to take out the stripes. I also used a rectangle shape to make the white border around him. Then I used a black shape to bring him back into the photo. Then I added a mask of levels and added a mask to that to take off the extra color from him - but I wanted the darker color on the rest of the image. Then I added text (two separate layers) and then I made sure they both had the same effects on them.

3 comments:

Dani Yardley said...

I love the beach bum edit. Such a fun idea. He is a darling too.

Chanae said...

Your such an amazing photographer. I can see why David and Kimberly had you do their wedding.

beckysue said...

I really do love your shots. I love the one of the little girl and also the little boy at the beach. Kids are always fun to play with.