Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cut Out





Before Photo - horses in field - unedited - Shutter Speed 1/640; F stop 8; no flash; Taken 5/14/06
After Photo - horse selected using lasso tools and quick select tool then put on white background - edge feathered


Though there are several ways to do a cut out in photo shop I started by using the quick selection tool. I used the different lasso tools, the basic one and the magnetic lasso, to help me get the edges more precise. When I had the selection I wanted I saved the selection so I could come back to it if I wanted to. Then I feathered the edge of the cut out and then copy and pasted the horse onto a new document.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow! Your photos are really beautiful. I love your orange theme, the first flower shot is absolutely gorgeous. And those sky shots are really beautiful as well. Where were those taken?
Your cutout looks really nice too, and the "before" photo of the horses in the field is a really great shot!